Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Obscruity and Notoriety

From the days of our youth, we have a desire to be seen, heard or recognized. We push pass our siblings to show mom and dad the smiley face the teacher wrote on our classwork. It feels good to be recognized - as a matter of fact, in a recent poll, employees across the nation were asked, what is most important to you in relation to your place of employment - surprisingly, next to money was recognition from their managers and/or supervisors. Spiritually it's quite the opposite - God often unveils before he reveals. What I mean by that is evident in scripture, "Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will exalt you in due season." Interestingly it doesn't say mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents or co-workers - the scripture says - "humble yourself" I think about King David - David was anointed at 15 but did not possess the office or position of king until he was 30....don't forget Moses - left Egypt at 40 years old, was in the desert for 40 years and at 80 years old...yes a 40 year wait...went back to Pharaoh proclaiming, "Let my people go" - and last but not lease, Jesus Christ (Lord and Savior) at 12 years old he was found by His mother and Joseph holding an amazing conversation with grown men, articulate men - yet His earthly ministry wasn't launched until he was 30 years old - 18 year wait. Amazingly, in our generation we want it now! If we are not recognized we become frustrated and often question leadership and or the process, Nowadays, people often feel a sense of entitlement - as if they are owed the promotion, increase or elevation without a cost. Obscurity is a very important piece of the process - this is when no one knows who you are - obviously I am not referring to co-workers or family members, but rather those outside of your normal realm of influence. Obscurity is the time in which a breaking happens, when the filthy things, those things we struggle with, those besetting sins that often trip us up have to be dealt with - this is when we have to truly understand what repentance means - this is when we must distinguish between repentance and telling God I'm sorry - Repentance is when we turn and no longer engage in the reckless lifestyle that leads us contrary to God's will for our life. This unveiling is a good thing because no one is aware of the struggle (unless you tell it) and God covers and forgives, but if you don't break free from saying I'm sorry to true repentance then what you do privately will be unveiled publicly. It doesn't happen because God doesn't love you, but rather because you refused to turn or repent. To many times we have seen the destruction of many great men and women by way of some public scandal that manifested because of his or her refusal to correct their behavior in private.  Its very important that you embrace the season of obscurity and grow in grace because there is so much more that God wants to reveal to you and through you. After we transition from obscurity we enter into notoriety. When this happens there is no human effort needed, there is not need to step over anyone to get to the top because it is God that exalts in due season - the favor of God is made manifest at this time and everything you need will be provided for "My God shall supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." There is not a timetable that says I must wait 5 years and you must wait 7 years; Obscurity and notoriety is not about when will I begin to walk in that wealthy place, but rather has my character developed, can I manage my finances, do I know how to love my spouse, am I maximizing my relationship with God while I'm single, am I taking care of my children, am I walking in love, am I harboring hatred in my heart, am I studying God's word, are Christ characteristics evident in my life? Purpose is revealed when we humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God - He will lead you in a plain path...for God will bless you on purpose in purpose - don't rush the process - when God gets ready to bless you and lift you up can't NO devil in hell stop him!

No comments:

Post a Comment