Thursday, January 14, 2016

Day 4 #2018

There is an unlimited resource that lies within you that desires to be released. The release of this resource is predicated on your desire to discover your purpose or why you  are here on the earth. It requires digging, probing and insight. Your digging, probing and insight will spark a discovery that propels you to an unimaginable place. We all are uniquely gifted and our gift is a blessing that will bring smiles to many faces and ultimately bring glory to God. I like to compare it to oil - as I am sure you already know, oil is beneath the earth and its value is unbelievable! Oil is so valuable around the world because oil heats our houses, fuels our cars, heats our stove and so many other things. Without oil, it would be hard to survive because Americans can't do anything without electricity. Getting to the oil takes insight, probing and digging. "Black  Gold" or "Texas Tea" as it is often called, is a blessing to all those that come in contact with it. You too dear reader have that same potential inside of you. Like oil your gift needs to be released so that it can be a blessing to all that come in contact with it. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can for myself. I was at a point in my life about 20 years ago when I began asking why am I on the earth and what is my purpose? I went to college, had a great family, but it was more to life than this. It wasn't until I began to pray that I discovered something. Now it wasn't at a conference, in a  prayer group or empowerment meeting (not knocking that). It was in my bedroom where I feel to my knees and said, "God if you tell me why I'm here I will do just that. Please Lord reveal it to me." It was that simple. I didn't see angels or taken to heaven. I just knew that God, in whom I believe, would tell me. So I headed out for a jog and walk in my neighborhood. It began to rain so I slowed down and couldn't help but notice this tattered and torn piece of paper that was barely hanging on to this light pole. I approached the pole and saw on the tattered and torn piece of paper these words: "YOU ARE A WRITER." I felt strongly in my heart that this was the answer to my prayer. I returned home, fell to my knees and said, "God if this is what I was born to do, tell me where do I begin." Shortly thereafter my thoughts became flooded with poetry, ideas for books, theatrical productions and movies all for the glory of God. My life has never been the same! Now your gift may not be to write, but I assure you there is something in you that needs to get out. Pray my brother, pray my sister - cry out to God, trust Him for He is a speaking God! He will reveal your purpose. Ask, seek, knock and watch God move! #purpose #destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment